Questions Parents Should Ask Each Summer Camp
Questions To Help You Decide
Following are a list of questions that will help you decide on the most appropriate summer camp or teen program for your child.
"You were fabulous! Warm, caring, a good listener and very easy to work with. You never got impatient with me and my 2 zillion questions and definitely steered me in the right direction. My son LOVED the camp he ended up at!"
~ B.S., New Rochelle, NY
- What is the background of the camp and the director?
- Where is the camp located?
- How will my child travel to camp?
- What facilities does the camp have?
- Where will my child live?
- What is the staff like?
- What is a typical day like?
- How does the program work?
- What activities are offered?
- Who prepares the meals? Are they nutritious?
- How is laundry handled?
- What medical facilities does the camp have?
- How can we keep in touch with our child?
- What if my child is homesick?
- When may parents visit?
- What percentage of children return each year?
- What extra charges can we expect?
- Do the cabins have toilets and showers in them?
- Will my child swim in a lake or a pool?
- Will my child be assured the activities he/she elects?
- Does the camp offer horseback riding?
- My child doesn't/can't eat certain foods. Will he/she be offered an alternate meal?
- My child has a particular special need (physical, emotional, disciplinary). How would this be handled?
- My child will need tutoring during the summer (i.e., Bar/Bat Mitzvah, English As A Second Language (ESL), etc.). Do you offer this service?
Put our team of summer camp referral professionals to work for you.
Call us today!